Carbon Sampling & Processing
JRI Sampling Protocol
- Carbon materials are received in the presence of a customer or representative and a JRI Consignment Note is issued.
- Each super sack of carbon is lifted from the pallet and placed on the JRI scale to determine a net weight.
- Each super sack of carbon in the batch is auger sampled. I gram sample is taken for each pound of weight. 9 to 12 auger holes are made per super sack. Particular notice is taken to get the auger down to the bottom of the super sack.
- The weighed sample from each super sack is placed in a mixer.
- The bulk sample is blended for twenty minutes.
- The carbon sample is poured out of the mixer into sample buckets.
- In the event of excessive moisture the carbon sample is placed on a rubber mat and a sample is cut by cone and quartering.
- Where there is no excess water, the sample is passed through a riffle splitter.
- The sample is cut down to 4 equal samples.
- 1x sample for the client or representative. 1 x sample for JRI. 2 x samples as reserve which are held in safe keeping until the transaction is settled with the customer.
- The samples are sealed and represents accurately the weight, analysis and value of the carbon.